Monthly Archives: December 2019
Ten Winter Ice Safety Tips
- Walk slowly and carefully. Wear boots or other slip-resistant footwear.
- Use special care when getting in and out of vehicles. Use the vehicle for support if you need to do so.
- Watch for slippery floors when you enter any building or home.
- Try to avoid carrying items, or walking with your hands in your pockets; this can reduce your ability to catch yourself if you lose your balance. Instead, carry a backpack if you have one.
- Watch out for black ice.
- Tap your foot on potentially slick areas to see if the areas are slippery.
- Walk as flat-footed as possible in very icy areas.
- Avoid uneven surfaces if possible. Avoid steps or curbs with ice on them.
- Report any untreated surfaces to Maintenance and Facilities. Help us keep you safe!
- Remember: Ice and snow mean “take it slow!”
No one wants to get sick around the holidays. We have put together some tips to keep you healthy.
Here are 5 Tips to Staying Healthy this Holiday Season
- Maintain your exercise routine as much as possible or take the leap and create one to get ahead of on your New Year Resolutions! Remember, exercise is not just going to the gym. Taking a 30-minute walk, stretching during commercials, etc. can be just as beneficial!
- Get a good night’s sleep. Give your body the well-deserved rest it needs to recover for the next day ahead.
- Make Moderation your mantra. Cookies, cakes and sweets are hard to resist, especially when the holidays seem to bring them out more! Ensuring you eat your vegetables and protein first, and drinking plenty of water, allows you to treat yourself to a small dessert. Don’t overindulge, but if you do, focus on #1 the next day.
- Especially with the flu season still upon us – wash your hands constantly! This will prevent the spread of germs to you and those you come into contact with.
- The holidays should be some of the happiest times of the year, but also can increase levels of stress. Take deep breaths to lower stress levels and allow you to enjoy that moment. Laugh and have fun with family and friends!
Since The Rahn Companies loves their sweets, we wanted to share some Healthy Holiday Desserts you can bring to your holiday festivities. Click the link to see!