The Rahn Companies is looking for a Fleet Mechanic responsible to complete small vehicle repairs (diesel trucks, regular trucks and small equipment) and maintenance either at the shop or on the road with efficiency and accuracy.
- Will need to communicate with vendors to secure the best pricing and securing parts quickly to minimize vehicle and landscape downtime.
- Will need to communicate with management when additional repairs are needed.
- Must be able to diagnose problems and make the repair. Also test drive trucks/equipment to ensure that repairs were done correctly.
- Keep documentation of work and detailed records.
- Will occasionally handle service calls after work hours.
- Will manage the shop to ensure all safety policies and procedures are enforced.
- Must be able to work on diesel trucks, regular trucks and small equipment.
- Must be able to manage the parts in inventory to ensure parts are not ordered unnecessarily.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, busy environment and prioritize repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- High School diploma preferred.
- Previous experience on trucks and small equipment is required.
- Must possess attention to detail, organizational skills and be flexible.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time.
- Drivers license is a must. CDL license is preferred.
Only serious, hard working applicants to apply. Competitive pay based on knowledge and experience.